YAL members have a track-record of concrete achievements and contributions to their societies that extend beyond material success. YAL members are “from the region”, “working for the region”. Through leveraging a strong network of members and partners, YAL aims to broaden the horizon of young Arabs and upgrade their entrepreneurial and leadership thinking to match the requirements of economic development in the Arab countries.
The YAL Board of Directors leads the organization and devises its strategic plans for the future while committing to ensuring its financial sustainability. The Board directs the successful implementation of YAL’s programs and initiatives across the region and is committed to bringing international best practices and strengthening YAL’s governance framework. Meet our Board of Directors:
- Applicant must be a holder of an Arab country passport or of Arabic descent.
- Applicant must hold a key executive position in his/her organization.
- Applicant’s age must not exceed forty nine (49) years at the date of application submission; however, exceptions can be made following the Board Members’ approval.
- Applicant must enjoy a good reputation and an exceptional personality.
- Applicant must have considerable accomplishments and be an influential figure in the public sector, business field, administrative affairs sector, media, arts, civil activities, or be involved in any vital field in the Arab world.
- Applicant must have shown leadership ability when managing issues and situations unrelated to his/her direct professional interests.
- Applicant must commit to the mission and goals of YAL.
- The membership committee reviews applications on a monthly basis.
- Membership fee for 2017 is AED 8,000.